Sketchup is a key tool for Landscape design. Its features including he collection of plants and garden features in the 3D warehouse make it a great choice.
Key Sketchup 3D design software features
- Sketchup can combine with Lumon to create beautiful 3D renders
- Sketchups core routes are CAD which makes it a great tool for creating detailed engineering diagrams
- A 3D archive with thousands of pre-made pools, spas pergolas, arbors, courts and buildings
- using sketch ups tools you can download and of these pre-made objects, adjust and modify them into your desired piece. Then insert them into your drawing
How to use Sketchup
- After a meeting with your client, open google earth on Chrome and zoom in on your clients property.
- Snap a screenshot of the property.
- Edit the screen shot to just show the Clients property
- Open Sketchup and import the screenshot image using the import feature under file
- make sure the image is on layer 0 rename this to background
- Click create new layer under the default trey, call this layer Tracing
- Proceed to trace your background image to your best ability the better you trace the better your drawings will be.
- Be sure you have traced every last detail including property boarder. home, house, roofpitch lines, Driveway, curb and pathway.
- Click create new layer under the default trey, call this layer house,
- proceed to create rectangles as each room of the house
Creating a 2D drawing from your 3D Sketchup Landscape Design
Related Sketchup Landscaping design Ideas from Red’s Landscaping and Civil