Melbourne Landscaper Red’s Landscaping and Civil has begun landscaping work at the Mill Park Leisure Centre.
About the Mill Park Leisure Landscaping Project
Building facilities by CICG
The redevelopment of the facilities is being completed by CICG Pty ltd. The improvements to the facilities include group fitness rooms, weight training and cardio areas and 3 new swimming pools.
Swimming Pool Facilities by CICG
The existing swimming pool will be improved to include an all abilities ramp and retiling.
- An upgraded 25 metre pool including complete re-tiling and the installation of an all abilities ramp
- Three new pools, including:
- One for leisure, with water play equipment
- One for swimming lessons
- A new warm water program pool with ramp access
Commercial landscaping of the Public Space by Melbourne Landscaper Red’s Landscaping and Civil
The commercial landscaping part of the project includes outdoor gym equipment, barbecues and play equipment.
- Plain concrete paving
- Coloured exposed aggregate concrete pavements
- Granitic pavements consisting of fine grained, brown, natural granitic gravel compacted to 75mm.
- Timber edging
- Concrete edging
- Quality Imported topsoil to Australian Standard 2223 Garden soils for domestic use.
- Rain Garden
- Raised insitu concrete planter garden beds beds
- Dromana granite mulch
- Concrete bench seats timber clad
- Reinstated turf
- Synthetic turf on 135mm sub base
- Wet pour rubber soft fall play surfaces. Including a cushion layer is to be comprised of Recycled SBR Tyre Rubber with a top layer of EPDM.
- Insitu Concrete stairs
- Picnic settings – ‘Urbania’ steel frame seat and table with Enviroslat Recycled Battens
- Bench seats ‘Urbania’ steel frame seat with Enviroslat Recycled Battens.
- Bike rack
- Barbecue – Christie ‘A Series’ Double Bench Barbecue with electric cooktop
- Council bollards
- Play units Lappsett Flora climbing track Gnomes Climbing Forest, Kompan 1100mm Net Twister in ground
Melbourne Landscaper Red’s Landscaping and Civil at work at Mill Park
Hardscaping by Melbourne Landscaper Red’s Landscaping and Civil
The commercial hardscaping part of the project included in-situ concrete stairs and retaining walls as well as outdoor gym exercise equipment with soft wetpour rubber sports surfaces.
Insitu Concrete seats by Melbourne Landscaper Red’s Landscaping and Civil
Softscaping by Melbourne Landscaper Red’s Landscaping and Civil
The commercial softscaping part of the project includes the planting of thousands of indigenous and Australian native trees.
- Lawn areas of Village Green Kikuyu
The Mill Park Leisure Centre redevelopment has been jointly funded by local Government and the State Government of Victoria. For the entire project funding of $25 million, the State Government of Victoria has contributed $5 million towards the project. The Growing suburbs fund has contributed $2 million and a further $3 million has been contributed by the Community Sport Infrastructure Fund.
How the finished Mill Park Leisure landscaping, gym, swimming pools and other facilities will look
To be continued as the landscaping project progresses.
More Melbourne Landscaper Blogs
About the Growing suburbs fund
Growing Suburbs Fund
The Growing Suburbs Fund supports investment in critical local infrastructure in Melbourne’s diverse and fast-growing interface councils.
About the Community Sport Infrastructure Fund.
Community Sports Infrastructure Stimulus Program
The Victorian Government is investing $68 million to build and upgrade community sports facilities across the state. Not only will the investment support local sporting clubs, it will create jobs and boost Victoria’s economic recovery from the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.