Xanthorrhoea and Anigozanthos are great companion plants for several reasons.
- Both Xanthorrhoea and Anigozanthos prefer sandy well drained soil.
- Both of these Australian native plants will die if given too much phosphorus.
- The watering needs of these plants are similar.
- Both Xanthorrhoea and Anigozanthos need a sunny position in your garden.
- The Anigozanthos flowers look great with the contrast of the dark trunk of the Xanthorrhoea behind it.
When designing your garden always group plants together that have similar requirements for sunlight, water, fertiliser and shade. This will make the maintenance of your garden much easier.
We have more information in the main articles on each of these plants in the links below.
More Reading on Growing Australian Native Plants